17.11.11

Butterfly, Early Summer

This is how I feel. And this is who I am. And I prefer to be this way, whatever way it may be. I choose not to be pretending to be someone else, someone who suits the society's expectation of what I should be. They keep wanting more and more out of you, and you can only give until a point where you'll break into pieces. Then you'll be disregarded as immaterial junks that they no longer need. And these pretense, these lies you're living in, you have to remember each and every one of them. What you were yesterday, and what you said you'd be tomorrow. Our minds can only be occupied too much already, why trouble ourselves more with something that gives us nothing back in return. These expectations, they're selfish. They ask but never give.

Everything in life comes with an option, even if at times it might not seem to be that way. But you always have a choice; to be angry, to cry, to be different, to blend in, to rise above. Just remember, with every choice made, there comes a risk. Success is bliss, and failure, as cliched as it may sound, is a lesson to be learnt.

And I choose to be myself, whoever that is, was, and will be.